Ecodek are now the ONLY UK manufacturer of Wood Polymer Composite Decking to have products tested to BS EN 13501 – Construction Products and Floor Coverings ; and as such we feel that our product performance sets us aside as the UK leading manufacturer and supplier of Wood Composite Decking products.
1. BS EN 13501 Floor Coverings – Initial tests show Ecodek® performs extremely well under EN 11925-2 Ignitability, exceeding the requirements for product ignitability, flame propagation and potential flaming particles that may fall from the product.
In general – for Ecodek applications in Landscape, Gardens, Public Realm etc – this is perfectly acceptable and far outperforms other wood polymer products and traditional timber decking used in low-level horizontal applications.
- EN 13501 Reaction to Fire Performance of Construction Products : Floor Coverings :
- EN 11925-2 : Ignitability of Building Products subject to Direct Flame (15 sec)
- EN 9230-1 : Determination of the Burning Behaviour Using a Radiant Heat Source.
- The fire test reports for these tests is due to be completed imminently.
2. BS EN 13501 Construction Products : Ecodek are also testing our products to BS EN 13501-1 : Construction Products (for Balcony Applications in High-Rise Buildings)
- BS EN 13501-2 – Reaction to Fire Performance of Construction Products
- EN 13823 : Smoke Production and Flaming Droplet Test
- EN 11925-2 : Ignitability of Building Products subject to Direct Flame (30 second exposure) – Ecodek performed well at 15 sec exposure, and this should continue for 30 sec exposure
- This should be completed by Sept 2018
3. BS 476 – Part 7 : In addition to the above European fire tests, we are also testing to BS 476 Part 7 – Surface Spread of Flame on a product. Results for these tests are also imminent.