Specialist Building Products Limited (hereafter known as the company) offers this warranty to the original purchaser of our UK manufactured polymer/wood composite decking product (ecodek®). For the purposes of this warranty, the decking product consists of a range of 136mm deck boards available in two surface finishes (grooved/ribbed and smooth) and in five standard colours.
Under normal use and service conditions, the product is guaranteed for a period of 25 years from the date of the original consumer purchase against structural failure resulting from fungal decay, termites, rotting, splintering or splitting. If a fault occurs with the decking within the warranty period, then the purchaser shall notify the company in writing. The company will investigate the fault and if necessary, appoint a representative to inspect the deck (any expenses incurred by the company will be charged to the purchaser at cost and will be fully refundable if the company’s product is found to be at fault).
If the material is found to be at fault, then the company will either replace the material or refund a percentage of the original material purchase price.
The company will not accept any claim for any consequential losses, nor will any recompense be made to the customer for initial or subsequent installation or removal costs.
PLEASE NOTE THIS WARRANTY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE
To make a claim under this warranty, the original purchaser shall send to the company, a description of the fault, proof of purchase and photographic evidence. The company does not warrant against and is not responsible for, and no implied warranty shall be deemed to cover, any condition attributable (but not limited) to:
• Improper installation and/or failure to abide by the installation and maintenance guidelines contained within any of the Ecodek product literature.
• Mould or mildew growth (unless proved to have caused structural failure).
• Use of ecodek® in an application not recommended by the company or a use which contravenes Building Regulations.
• Movement, distortion, settling or collapse of the ground and/or supporting structure upon which ecodek® is installed.
• Any act of God (i.e. earthquake etc) or environmental act (pollution, fallout etc).
• Variations or changes in colour of the product.
• Faults due to improper handling or storage of the product.
If there is any dispute over a claim, the decision of the company is final and binding.
You can download the a copy of the warranty by visiting the Resources section of our website.